Monday, May 18, 2009 Posted by Dina N
When Obama stated that if elected, he would keep his Blackberry, debate echoed through Washington and among the ranks of the Secret Service. What would it be like to have a president who could Twitter, send text messages, and navigate the web with ease? What would it be like to receive a text message from inside the Oval Office and, most importantly, what would it say?
Now, for the first time, We The People are privy to our new leader's epistolary back-and-forths on his wily hand-held device. We're about to discover that his emails (and the replies, from his wife and daughters, Biden, Palin, Rush, Hannity, the new first puppy, and even Bush) are so tuned in to the language of electronic correspondence they come hilariously close to the brink of legibility.
This giftable, imagined glimpse into Obama's beloved Blackberry traverses the mundane and momentous contours of the Commander in Chief's life, from security briefings to spam, basketball practice to domestic bliss, and the panic of oops-I-hit-reply-all, to, of course, the trauma of dealing with the First Mother In Law.
BARACKO: M rly busy
BidenMyTime: Right :( Can I lv at 4:45?
And if you're not convinced about how funny the Kasper Hauser crew is, you can check out their videos from their previous book, SkyMaul.
Thanks to Hachette Book Group, I have FIVE copies of Obama's Blackberry to give away!
To enter, please leave a comment below. Please make sure to leave your e-mail address if not visible in your blogger profile.
For extra entries, you can do one or all of the following - please leave a separate comment for each:
- tell me what was the last book you enjoyed reading;
- follow my blog (see right sidebar);
- subscribe to my feed by e-mail (see right sidebar);
- blog about this giveaway linking to this post and get 2 entries;
- email three people about this giveaway and copy me;
- follow me on twitter and leave your twitter name;
- tweet about this giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet – you can do this once a day;
- add this giveaway - or any of my current giveaways - to a Mr. Linky and let me know where to find it - you get two entries for every giveaway that you help promote, leave a separate comment for each;
- add my blog to your Technorati favorites (click on link or see right sidebar);
- enter another one of my giveaways and leave a comment you did.
Open to residents of U.S. or Canada only. No P.O. box addresses, please. One book per person. Winners will receive their prizes directly from Hachette Book Group. Book information was provided by the publisher.