Wednesday, July 01, 2009 Posted by Dina N
A Tale of two Shakespeares...
Struggling UC Santa Cruz grad student Willie Shakespeare Greenberg is trying to write his thesis about the Bard. Kind of...
Cut off by his father for laziness, and desperate for dough, Willie agrees to deliver a single giant, psychedelic mushroom to a mysterious collector, making himself an unwitting target in Ronald Reagan's War on Drugs.
Meanwhile, would-be playwright (and oppressed Catholic) William Shakespeare is eighteen years old and stuck teaching Latin in the boondocks of Stratford-upon-Avon. The future Bard's life is turned upside down when a stranger entrusts him with a sacred relic from Rome... This, at a time when adherents of the "Old Faith" are being hanged, drawn, and quartered as traitors.
Seemingly separated in time and place, the lives of Willie and William begin to intersect in curious ways, from harrowing encounters with the law (and a few ex-girlfriends) to dubious experiments with mind-altering substances. Their misadventures could be dismissed as youthful folly. But wise or foolish, the bold choices they make will shape not only the 'Shakespeare' each is destined to come... but the very course of history itself.
Thanks to Hachette Book Group, I have the opportunity to give away FIVE copies of My Name Is Will!
To enter, please leave a comment below. Please make sure to leave your e-mail address if not visible in your blogger profile.
For extra entries, you can do one or all of the following - please leave a separate comment for each:
- tell me what was the last book you enjoyed reading;
- follow my blog (see right sidebar);
- subscribe to my feed by e-mail (see right sidebar);
- blog about this giveaway linking to this post and get 2 entries;
- email three people about this giveaway and copy me;
- follow me on twitter and leave your twitter name;
- tweet about this giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet – you can do this once a day;
- add this giveaway - or any of my current giveaways - to a Mr. Linky and let me know where to find it - you get two entries for every giveaway that you help promote, leave a separate comment for each;
- add my blog to your Technorati favorites (click on link or see right sidebar);
- enter another one of my giveaways and leave a comment you did.
Open to residents of U.S. or Canada only. No P.O. box addresses, please. One book per person. Winners will receive their prizes directly from Hachette Book Group. Book information was provided by the publisher.