Thursday, October 29, 2009 Posted by Dina N
John Ondrasik, the singer and songwriter who records his music under the band name Five for Fighting, has five previous albums. Along with numerous television licenses, John has composed songs for “August Rush”, “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants”, “We Were Soldiers”, “Chicken Little” and “Everyone’s Hero".
Here is what John says about his music:
"Every round I try to write the best songs I can, and perhaps step out of the box a bit. To me, records are about offering my worldview while providing sentiments to which people may attach themselves or escape into. Slice is where I've come from, where I am, and a few scraps I've picked up in between. All in a slice of time."
I enjoyed listening to John's expressive voice and meaningful lyrics. Several songs start with a piano intro, and all feature beautiful instrumentals. John is a very talented musician, and the tracks in this album are memorable. I particularly liked the title song, Slice, as well as Tuesday and Story of Your Life. Slice is definitely worth hearing. I played it numerous times, and found a new favorite line or melodic sequence every time. Don't we all want to say to our loved ones - or hear it from them -"You put the beautiful in life."
Here is a list of all tracks:
2. Note To The Unknown Soldier
5. This Dance
6. Above The Timberline
9. Story Of Your Life
10. Love Can't Change The Weather
11. Augie Nieto
You can learn more about Five for Fighting on their website, watch the videos on YouTube, or find John on Facebook and Twitter.
Right now, John is touring with An Acoustic Evening with Five For Fighting. Here are the remaining stops on his tour:
29-Oct Nashville, TN
30-Oct Chicago, IL
3-Nov Salt Lake City, UT
5-Nov Seattle, WA
6-Nov Portland, OR
10-Nov San Francisco, CA
11-Nov Los Angeles, CA
If you can't go hear Five for Fighting live, here is the next best thing! You can win an autographed copy of Slice!
To enter, tell me what you are listening to these days.
Once you have fulfilled this mandatory entry, feel free to do any or all of the following for extra chance to win:
- blog about this giveaway linking to this post and get 2 entries;
- email three people about this giveaway and copy me;
- follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway – you can do this once a day, feel free to copy and paste: "Win an autographed copy of Five for Fighting's new album Slice #Giveaway at Just Another New Blog! http://tiny.cc/GBvw6 @aitmama ";
- subscribe to my blog by e-mail and confirm that subscription;
- be a follower;
- friend me on Facebook;
- follow me on Networked Blogs;
- add my link to your blog roll or my button to your sidebar - one entry for each;
- digg, stumble, facebook, technorati, etc. this giveaway using the Share / Save buttons below this post - one entry for each;
- enter another one of my giveaways and leave a comment you did - you get one extra entry for each giveaway you enter.
* I received a complimentray download of this album, courtesy of the One2OneNetwork - sponsor of this giveaway. Album information was provided by the sponsor. Opinions expressed are my own.