Thursday, November 05, 2009 Posted by Dina N
I came across a new type of lotion by 21st Century Formulations called Skin MD Natural. It's called a shielding lotion, "a very special type of lotion helping the skin restore its integrity, enhance its protective functions so that the skin is able to heal naturally and regain its youthful appearance." I am neither a cosmetics expert nor a dermatologist, so I'll use the company's explanation of how this lotion works.
Skin MD Natural works by bonding with cells of the skin's outermost layer to form what works as an invisible shield. This layer of protection prevents environmental irritants and pollutants from penetrating the skin, while sealing in the skin's own natural oils and moisture, helping resolve the dry skin condition. Skin MD Natural uses only the finest natural ingredients, and is focused on urging the skin to be active, and to use its own moisture to effectively heal itself.
I like that Skin MD Natural is hypoallergenic and free of parabens, gluten, and fragrances. In addition, no animal products or testing are involved. I used both the regular lotion and the one with SPF 15. The lotions seems to work differently from other cosmetics I've tried. They are absorbed very quickly, and does not leave a residue on the surface of my skin.
The company recommends that the lotion is used every couple of hours at first, and once the moisture balance of the skin is restored, you can use it once every 12-24 hours. A tiny amount is all you need, so one 4 oz bottle should last a while. Right now, I use the SPF 15 lotion in the morning and the regular formula at night. I also use the lotions on my hands, and have noticed my skin is not as dry. I do not have access to dermatological testing, so I cannot render an opinion on the invisible shield but both of these lotions are excellent moisturizers. My hands feel soft and my face looks hydrated, without any greasy or sticky feeling. My skin seems to just drink up the lotions! I am very happy with the results.
The company has conducted some clinical trials you can read here. Doctor reviews are also available on the company's website.
Skin MD Natural is available online and at select pharmacies. Online, the regular Skin MD Natural shielding lotion costs $18 for a 4oz bottle, and the one with SPF 15 is $25. There are volume discounts, and you can buy an entire gallon of lotion! Since these lotions are pricier than most ordinary creams, I suggest that you take advantage of the company's offer to order a sample and see how the products work for you before you buy. For the cost of postage, you can receive either the regular lotion, the SPF version, or both. The company offers an unconditional guarantee with full purchase price refund if you are not satisfied with their products.
You can win a 4 oz bottle of Skin MD Natural shielding lotion, courtesy of the company! You will have a choice between the regular lotion, or the one with SPF 15.
To enter, please visit Skin MD Natural website and comment below which product you would like to try and why.
For extra entries, do any or all of the following:
- visit the store locator and tell me where you can buy Skin MD Natural lotions;
- follow @skinmdnatural on twitter;
- follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway – you can do this once a day, feel free to copy and paste: "Win Skin MD Natural shielding lotion #Giveaway @ Just Another New Blog Ends 11/20 @aitmama @skinmdnatural http://tinyurl.com/yhx7qmb" ;
- email three people about this giveaway and copy me;
- subscribe to my blog by e-mail and confirm your subscription;
- follow me on Google Friends Connect;
- follow me on Networked Blogs;
- be my friend on Facebook;
- drop your Entrecard - mine is on the left sidebar;
- add my link to your blog roll or my button to your sidebar - one entry for each;
- digg, stumble, facebook, technorati, etc. this giveaway - one entry for each;
- enter another one of my giveaways and leave a comment you did - you get one extra entry for each giveaway you enter.
* Apart from the two lotions, no compensation - monetary or in kind - has been received for this post.