Saturday, November 14, 2009 Posted by Dina N
I came across one company that has been helping consumers take small green steps for the past 50 years. Marcal Manufacturing has been making paper products from paper, not from trees, since 1950. This year, they launched Small Steps, a line of household products made from 100% recycled paper. Small Steps uses recycled magazines, junk mail, printers waste, and office paper. It's good to know that the recycling bin I fill every week is put to good use!
I received a Marcal Small Steps starter kit containing all their household products: facial tissue, napkins, paper towels, and bath tissue. I love that all these products are virtually link-free and whitened without chlorine bleaching. They are also hypoallergenic and without added dye or fragrances.
My favorite product from the Small Steps line are the paper towels. They are absorbent, half-sheet perforated, and have cute little hearts on them. The toilet tissue is on the thin side which I prefer because the rolls last much longer. It's not as soft as some national brands but to me, this is not an issue. Actually, it's a small price to pay in exchange of knowing that this product is made entirely from recycled paper.
The everyday napkins and dinner napkins are comparable to other brands I've seen. The facial tissues come in a rectangular or a square box. Similarly to the toilet tissue, these are not as soft as other brands but do the job just as well.
Overall, if I had to use paper products, I would choose Marcal Small Steps over other brands for ecological reasons. To use a line from the company's materials, they deliver on the three Ps: performance, price, and the planet.
Now you have a chance to try all the household products from the Marcal Small Steps - for free! One reader of this blog will receive the same Small Steps starter kit that I reviewed.
To enter, please visit Marcal Small Steps and comment below where you can purchase their products.
For extra entries, do any or all of the following:
- follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway – you can do this once a day, feel free to copy and paste: "Win a Marcal Small Steps starter kit at the Green Thirteen #Giveaway Event! #eco @aitmama @marcalsmallstep http://tinyurl.com/yzm3m9y" ;
- follow @marcalsmallstep on twitter;
- follow Marcal Small Steps on facebook;
- spread the word about my Green Thirteen blogging event;
- go here for additional ways to get extra entries.
* Apart from the starter kit I received for review, no compensation - monetary or in kind - has been provided for this post. *