Saturday, November 14, 2009 Posted by Dina N
MotorOilMatters.org was created by industry-leading brands Pennzoil, Quaker State and Shell Rotella. There you can find key information that will help prolong your car engine’s life and improve overall efficiency, as well as help answer any questions you may have about motor oil. In addition, the site offers a fun, educational game for you to play called “M.O.M. Knows Best” where you can put your motor mind to the test with an interactive quiz.
Here are some interesting facts:
- According to a study by the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association, nearly 9 out of 10 female motorists are involved in their household's vehicle maintenance and repair;
- According to a national Jiffy Lube Survey conducted by Opinion Research Corporation in 2006,
out of 522 women in the poll, 46 percent incorrectly assumed simply switching from conventional engine oil to synthetic oil enables the number of miles between oil changes to be safely extended;
- Using a quality motor oil in the right grade can help maximize fuel economy, and help save money by preventing costly engine damage;
- Off-brand, no-name or discount oils that do not meet industry standards or the vehicle manufacturer’s requirements could cost consumers in the long run by potentially damaging the vehicle’s engine or possibly voiding the manufacturer’s warranty.
Additionally, to make a trip to get your oil changed even more rewarding, Pennzoil® has partnered with the VH1 Save The Music Foundation through its "Play The Music. Save The Music" Campaign, and now through December 6, 2009 anyone can receive up to 46 FREE music downloads and up to a $15 service certificate back by mail, when they get their oil changed at Jiffy Lube and other Pennzoil® participating installers. See www.pennzoil.com for details and to find your local participating installer locations.
One lucky person will win a $35 Juffy Lube gift card, courtesy of Shell Lubricants and MyBlogSpark!
To enter, please visit MotorOilMatters.org and comment below what was the most interesting thing you found on the site.
For extra entries, do any or all of the following:
- follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway – you can do this once a day, feel free to copy and paste: "Win a $35 Jiffy Lube #giftcard at Just Another New Blog! @aitmama #Giveaway ends 11/28 http://tinyurl.com/ybaabt4" ;
- go here for additional ways to get extra entries.
* I received a $35 Juffy Lube gift card and information about MotorOilMatters.org, courtesy of Shell Lubricants via MyBlogSpark. No other compensation was obtained for this post. *