Friday, March 12, 2010 Posted by Dina N
The Simple Green® Naturals line comes from Simple Green, the makers of the Original Green Cleaner that started selling 30 years ago, long before eco-friendly cleaners became popular. The Simple Green Naturals cleaning system includes eight specialized formulas that have specific cleaning uses. All are made from 100% naturally sourced ingredients. The cleaners are non-toxic and biodegradable, and are not tested on animals. Even the packaging is eco-friendly: the bottles are fully recyclable and made with 25% post-consumer content, and the labels are printed with soy inks. These products meet the Green Seal environmental standard for household cleaners based on their reduced toxicity, biodegradability, packaging, and other features.
I received 7 full-sized bottles of Simple Green® Naturals:
- Simple Green® Naturals Multi-Surface
- Simple Green® Naturals Floor Care
- Simple Green® Naturals Bathroom Cleaner
- Simple Green® Naturals Carpet Care
- Simple Green® Naturals Glass & Surface Care
- Simple Green® Naturals Liquid Hand Soap
- Simple Green® Naturals Dish Washing Liquid
I must say that the carpet cleaner is fantastic! I used to be very proud of my flawless carpets. Well, that was B.K. - before kids. A few weeks ago, I discovered a large spill of unidentifiable origin and muddy brownish in color. Coffee? Coke Zero? No one seemed to know how it got there - and it proved stubbornly difficult to clean. I thought nothing short of replacing the carpet would do. Then I sprayed it with the Simple Naturals carpet cleaner, waited a few minutes, then wiped it with a wet cloth. The spot magically disappeared! The carpet was as good as new.
The carpet cleaner did a great job getting rid of another mess I owe to my artistically inclined children. Actually, I share the blame for this one. If you are as naive as I am and think all kiddie art supplies are washable, well, you have not tried cleaning my poor carpets after I incidentally vacuumed with a piece of crayon stuck in the machine. I colored a vast area bright yellow - trust me, that is not the color of carpet I want in my family room. I must say that my vacuum cleaner has very strong suction and a vacuums a rather wide path. It seemed every carpet fiber was dyed yellow! Since the spot was quite large, it took several applications - but now, my carpet is once again again beige and spot-free.
Although cleaning the car upholstery is not an intended use of the carpet cleaner, I tried it on a couple of stains there, too. Worked like a charm!
The hand soap and dish liquid make deliciously smelling bubbles while keeping the dishes sparkling clean and my hands - you guessed it, clean and fragrant. The liquid hand soap has a lovely scent called herb garden. Since I wash my hands countless times a day, it helps having a yummy hand soap that does not dry out my skin. The aroma of fresh squeezed citrus for the dish liquid is a winner, as well. It makes hand washing dishes almost pleasurable!
Simple Green® are generously giving away the same set of Simple Green® Naturals that I reviewed to a lucky reader of this blog! Now you can do your spring cleaning the spring green way (just could not resist).
To enter, please visit Simple Green® and comment below what product(s) interest you the most.
For extra entries, feel free to do any or all of the following:
- subscribe to the Simple Green newsletter and get 2 entries;
- follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway – you can do this once a day, feel free to copy and paste: "Win the Simple Green® Naturals line of cleaners! #giveaway ends 3/28 @simplegreennews @aitmama #win #eco http://tinyurl.com/ylgoutq";
- follow Simple Green® on twitter;
- go here and here (updated 3/17) for additional ways to get extra entries.
* Disclaimer: I received free product samples to facilitate my review. This post reflects my personal opinion and experience with the products which may differ from yours. No monetary compensation was provided for this post.