Friday, June 04, 2010 Posted by Dina N
Drinking plenty of water is important for everyone but especially so for active kids who can easily get dehydrated during the hot summer months. I was excited to learn about a new campaign to keep kids hydrated.
WAT-AAH!, a NYC based company, aims to make drinking bottled water fun for kids. Their water comes in bottles with slick shapes, neon labels, and a cartoon image of a boy with a big mouth. There are four types of WAT-AAH - body, brain, power, and energy, each color coded with a different neon label. The company's new advertising campaign is under the motto "Don't Drink ___________, Drink WAT-AAH!" With the space filled in with the words soda, sugar, junk, and &#%+!, kids and their parents are encouraged to pick a healthy alternative to sugary drinks.
We have a water filtration system at home and stainless steel bottles for outside, so I generally don't buy bottled water. As a mom who wants kids to stay away from too much sugar in their diet, I can appreciate the effort to make water cool and hip.
We tried the four WAT-AAH! varieties, and found they tasted quite good. My kids were impressed by the colored labels and the boy cartoon on the label.
Learn more about the campaign and connect with WAT-AAH! on Facebook and YouTube.
Fun Talent Contest for Kids
WAT-AAH! are hosting a talent contest for kids between 5-17 years of age. Participants have the chance to win cash rewards and some amazing, once in a life time opportunities:
- The kid with the most amazing soccer skills can win a trip for 2 to Milan to watch Inter Milan, the 2010 European Champions, and meet the players.
- The kid(s) with the most amazing musical performance can have the chance to record their song, and present to Al Branch, the chief talent scout from Def Jam Records and manager of well-known artists like Kanye West and Drake.
One reader will win a mixed case of WAT-AAH!, stickers, and other fun goodies to help make drinking water cool!
To enter, please share how you drink your water.
For extra entries, feel free to do any or all of the following:
- follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway – you can do this once a day, feel free to copy and paste: "Win a mixed case of WAT-AAH! and other goodies! #Giveaway ends 6/18 @aitmama @wataah #win #contests http://tiny.cc/6fi7n";
- follow WAT-AAH! on twitter;
- follow their blog;
- go here for additional ways to get extra entries.
Disclosure / Disclaimer: No monetary compensation was obtained for this post. I received complimentary product samples to facilitate the review. The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may differ from yours. I am participating in this campaign via my involvement with The Product Review Place.