Sunday, December 05, 2010 Posted by Dina N
organic coffee. Their coffees are also Fair Trade Certified by TransFair USA. In addition, most of the coffee is also Shade Grown Coffee which ensures healthy habitat for migratory birds.
Grounds for Change is a sustainable operation that follows some admirable business practices. Here is what they have to say about it:
- Use 100% renewable energy and off-set all of our CO2 emissions, including those from operations, packaging, inbound freight and outbound shipping to customers.
- Compost all of our organic waste including coffee grounds, coffee filters and food scraps.
- Purchase and print on paper made from 100% recycled content and recycle all office paper, toner cartridges, cardboard, glass, metal and plastic.
- Recycle all of our empty burlap coffee bags by donating them to local organic farmers for weed suppression and erosion control.
- Recycle all of our coffee chaff, the organic by-product of the roasting process, by giving it to local, organic farmers to be used as a nitrogen-rich soil amendment.
- Recycle all inbound freight pallets by donating them to a local business that rebuilds them for reuse.
- Donate well over 1% of our gross annual sales to social and environmental organizations as part of our membership with 1% For The Planet.
- Work closely with organizations promoting positive change including the Northwest Shade Coffee Campaign, Save Our Wild Salmon, Global Partnerships, Cafe Femenino Foundation and many other local and national non-profits.
The sampler can be customized according to personal preferences and methods of brewing. Besides choosing the coffee varieties, you can select whole beans, french press, paper filter ground, metal filter ground, or espresso. In addition to the sampler, a wonderful gift idea, Grounds for Change offer other nice coffee gifts, perfect for holiday shopping.
Disclaimer / Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product reviewgiveaway Disclosure. &