Holiday Gift Guide 2010: Tassimo T20 Review

Saturday, December 11, 2010 Posted by Dina N

The Tassimo T20 is the cute little sister of the Tassimo Suprema I reviewed last December. The Tassimo hot beverage machines make drinks for everyone - be it tea, coffee, espresso, latte, cappuccino, or hot chocolate. They work with T discs that are little single-serve containers of coffee (tea, hot chocolate, and so on) with a bar code printed on one side. The machines have a built-in microprocessor that reads this bar code and automatically calculates the water amount, temperature and brewing time to make the beverage.

The Tassimo T20 comes in black or white - plus, you can get colorful inserts to match it to your kitchen or color preferences. The so called brewer inserts - purchased separately - come in red, brown, blue and green. I received the white brewer and the Strawberry Red insert. The red is my favorite from the bunch because it creates a festive, happy mood and goes perfectly with my favorite Le Creuset pots that live on my stove.

The Tassimo T20 has all the features of the Tassimo Suprema except for the water filtration. It is more compact, thanks to a smaller water tank that can still make about 7 drinks with one refill. It takes hardly any space on my kitchen counter. I am a latte / cappuccino girl, hubby likes his coffee black, and the kiddos love hot chocolate. With the Tassimo, I can make a different beverage for each member of your family - or our friends - and keep everyone happy. My favorites are the Twining's Chai Tea Latte and the Gevalia Caramel Latte Macchiato. There is no taste transfer between drinks, and you get a freshly brewed cup every time. We've been using the Tassimo machine daily, and we love it!

The Tassimo T20 is ideal for smaller spaces, for those who would like to have a white (or black) brewer to match their appliances, or for those who would like to customize its look. Even if you don't get a color insert, this part of the T20 is removable so you can wash it easily in the sink or dishwasher.

As for the drinks you can make with your Tassimo brewer, there are T discs from a growing selection of brands, including Starbucks, Gevalia Kaffe, Maxwell House, Seattle's Best Coffee, Twining's, Tazo, Mastro Lorenzo, Jacobs, and Milka. The brewers and T discs are available at the Tassimo website, online and at some fine retailers.

Disclosure / Disclaimer: No monetary compensation was obtained for this post. I received complimentary product sample to facilitate this review. The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may differ from yours.

1 comments:

1. Susan said...

Great review. I like how it comes in various colors, and you can buy a wide variety of those discs to make tea, coffee, etc.

susanbillietaylor [at] gmail [dot] com

Related Posts with Thumbnails