Monday, March 07, 2011 Posted by Dina N
Pretty Neat is a handbook that embraces the chaotic reality that lies beneath org porn’s glossy veneer, offering pithy anecdotes and candid advice from experts and real women alike on tackling organizational inertia. Funny, irreverent, entertaining, and helpful, the book covers all facets of clutter-control, from tried-and-true tips for conquering to-do lists and wrangling family schedules to ideas on excavating inboxes, eliminating excuses, and delegating housework. Most importantly, Pretty Neat insists that women need to stop holding themselves to impossibly high standards, and focus instead on defining their own, realistic organizational goals. Full of engaging examples from everyday women, Pretty Neat offers readers unorthodox, surprisingly simple methods to reduce their org porn–fueled stress, insisting that perfection is impossible — and unnecessary — in this messy, unpredictable world called real life.
Pretty Neat: Get Organized & Let Go of Perfection is a very refreshing organizational book. Of course, as it can be expected, it offers tons of useful ideas on organizing and conquering clutter - focusing on real-life solutions. The book includes chapters on delegating, learning to say no, taking charge of to-do lists and family schedules, clearing clutter at home and at work, taming the chaos of toys and inboxes, even mastering home-cooked meals.
What I love best about it was how it centers on priorities and allows readers to let go of unrealistic expectations. Sure, the impeccably arranged rooms we see in books and magazines look nice. Personally, I would not want to live in a sterile house that is nothing like our messy, busy, happy daily life. My home does not have to be perfect but it can be pretty neatly organized with the help of this book. The authors of Pretty Neat help us make peace between an organized and a livable home, and I am so grateful for that.
One lucky U.S. reader will win a copy of Pretty Neat!
To enter, please share below what's your biggest organizational challenge.
For extra entries, feel free to do any or all of the following:
- follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway – you can do this once a day, feel free to copy and paste: "#Win a copy of Pretty Neat from @GetButtonedUp and @aitmama! #Giveaway ends 3/21 #contests #home #organization #books http://tiny.cc/gzy5o";
- follow @GetButtonedUp on twitter;
- follow GetButtonedUp via email or Google Friend Connect - do both and comment for each;
- if you like Get Buttoned Up on Facebook, let me know below for an extra entry;
- if you like Just Another New Blog on Facebook, mention it below for 2 extra entries;
- vote for JANB on Picket Fence Blogs - can be done daily - and comment below for 2 more entries;
- go here for additional ways to get extra entries.
Disclaimer / Disclosure: Thanks to my involvement with Global Influence, I received a complimentary copy of the book with no obligation for a positive review. No compensation - monetary or in kind - has been obtained for this post but I will be entered in a prize drawing. Cover art and book description courtesy of the publisher, author or PR firm.