Thursday, May 19, 2011 Posted by Dina N
It's early summer when Ginny and William's peaceful life in Vermont comes to an abrupt halt.
First, their daughter Lillian arrives, with her two children in tow, to escape her crumbling marriage. Next, their son Stephen and his pregnant wife Jane show up for a weekend visit, which extends indefinitely when Jane ends up on bed rest. When their youngest daughter Rachel appears, fleeing her difficult life in New York, Ginny and William find themselves consumed again by the chaos of parenthood - only this time around, their children are facing adult problems.
By summer's end, the family gains new ideas of loyalty and responsibility, exposing the challenges of surviving the modern family - and the old adage, once a parent, always a parent, has never rung so true.
Thanks to publisher Hachette Book Group, I am hosting a giveaway for two (2) copies of The Arrivals: A Novel by Meg Mitchell Moore.
To enter, please comment below what's the last good book you've read.
You may do any and all of the following for extra chances to win:
- follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway, feel free to copy and paste: "#Win The Arrivals by @MMitchMoore! #Giveaway US/CAN ends 6/2 @aitmama @HachetteBooks #books #contests #sweeps http://tiny.cc/yg2dl" – you may do this once a day;
- follow @mmitchmoore on twitter;
- follow @HachetteBooks on twitter;
- if you like Meg Mitchell Moore on Facebook, comment below for an extra entry;
- go here for additional ways to get extra entries.
Open to residents 18+ of U.S. and Canada only. No P.O. box addresses, please. Winners will be subject to the one copy per household rule, which means that if they win the same title in two or more contests, they will receive only one copy of the title in the mail. Winners will receive their prizes directly from Hachette Book Group. Book information and image courtesy of the publisher. No compensation was provided for this post.