Monday, May 30, 2011 Posted by Dina N
Catchy desert twists on traditional children’s songs and poems will have children chiming in about cactuses, camels, and more as they learn about the desert habitat and its flora and fauna. Tarkawara hops on the desert sand instead of a kookaburra sitting in an old gum tree. And teapots aren’t the only things that are short and stout — just look at the javelina’s hooves and snout. Travel the world’s deserts to dig with meerkats, fly with bats, and hiss with Gila monsters! Whether sung or read aloud, Deep in the Desert makes learning about deserts anything but dry.
This wonderfully illustrated children's book introduces desert animals in an entertaining and educational way. The rhymes can be turned into songs following popular kids' melodies. The pictures are beautiful and in great detail. My kids loved Deep in the Desert, and all of us learned new things about desert creatures.
The recommended age range is 3-8, and Deep in the Desert is available in hardcover and paperback. It's yet another great children's book from Sylvan Dell Publishing that combines fun, educational, and visually pleasing in one.
One lucky U.S. reader will win a copy of Deep in the Desert!
To enter, please visit Sylvan Dell Publishing and comment below with the title of another book that you'd like to share with the kids in your life.
For extra entries, feel free to do any or all of the following:
- follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway – you can do this once a day, feel free to copy and paste: "#Win Deep in the Desert #children's #book! #Giveaway ends 6/13 US @aitmama #contests #books #sweeps #kids @SylvanDell http://tiny.cc/brcmj";
- tell us who would be enjoying the book if you won;
- follow @SylvanDell on twitter;
- if you are a friend of Sylvan Dell Publishing on Facebook, let me know below for an extra entry;
- go here for additional ways to get extra entries.
Disclaimer / Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy with no obligation for a positive review. No compensation - monetary or in kind - has been obtained for this post. Photo and book info courtesy of the publisher.