Chicken Little may have thought the sky was falling but Peter Pika is sure the glaciers are melting and is off to talk to the Mountain Monarch about it. Joined along the way by friends Tammy Ptarmigan, Sally Squirrel, Mandy Marmot, and Harry Hare, they all wonder what will happen to them if the glaciers melt. Where will they live, how will they survive? When Wiley Wolverine tries to trick them, can the Mountain Monarch save them? More importantly, can the Mountain Monarch stop the glaciers from melting?
The Glaciers Are Melting! by Donna Love is yet another excellent book for kids from Sylvan Dell Publishing. It introduces several mountain animals who are worried about the glaciers melting. The finale of the story is open-ended to allow a discussion of glaciers and climate change among parents and kids. The book is beautifully illustrated by Shennen Bersani and features a section called For Creative Minds at the end. There kids can learn more about glaciers, water, animals and what people can do to slow down climate change.
Although The Glaciers Are Melting! is recommended for children 9-12, my younger kids love it. Caregivers can adapt the discussion of glaciers and climate to their young one's knowledge and understanding, and even a very young child would enjoy the beautiful pictures.
Use coupon code SPRING2011 to get 20% off your purchase from SylvanDellPublishing.com until May 31, 2011.
One lucky U.S. reader will win a copy of The Glaciers Are Melting!
To enter, please visit Sylvan Dell Publishing and comment below with the title of another book that you'd like to share with the kids in your life.
For extra entries, feel free to do any or all of the following:
- follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway – you can do this once a day, feel free to copy and paste: "#Win The Glaciers Are Melting! #children's #book! #Giveaway ends 5/28 US @aitmama #contests #books #sweeps @SylvanDell http://tiny.cc/egpj8";
- tell us who would be enjoying the book if you won;
- follow @SylvanDell on twitter;
- if you are a friend of Sylvan Dell Publishing on Facebook, let me know below for an extra entry;
- go here for additional ways to get extra entries.
Disclaimer / Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy with no obligation for a positive review. No compensation - monetary or in kind - has been obtained for this post. Photo and book info courtesy of the publisher.