Sunday, June 26, 2011 Posted by Dina N
Let’s spy on plants, insects, birds, and mammals in 13 different habitats. Told in rhyming narrative, Habitat Spy invites children to search for and find plants, invertebrates, birds, and mammals and more that live in 13 different habitats: backyard, beach, bog, cave, desert, forest, meadow, mountain, ocean, plains, pond, river, and cypress swamp. Children will spend hours looking for and counting all the different plants and animals while learning about what living things need to survive.
My kids love playing I Spy. My daughter says reading Habitat Spy is like a game of I Spy - in a book. In this beautifully illustrated book, children are encouraged to explore various habitats, starting with their own back yard. Kids' natural curiosity can lead them to explore animals and plants from these habitats further, and this book builds the foundations for such a quest in way that's fun and educational.
Habitat Spy is another excellent children's book from Sylvan Dell Publishing, written by Cynthia Kieber-King and illustrated by Christina Wald. This title is available in paperback and hardcover and recommended for kids 4-8.
One lucky U.S. reader will win a copy of Habitat Spy!
To enter, please visit Sylvan Dell Publishing and comment below with the title of another book that you'd like to share with the kids in your life.
For extra entries, feel free to do any or all of the following:
- follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway – you can do this once a day, feel free to copy and paste: "#Win a copy of Habitat Spy #children's #book! #Giveaway ends 7/17 US @aitmama #contests #books #sweeps #kids @SylvanDell http://tiny.cc/wdd37";
- tell us who would be enjoying the book if you won;
- follow @SylvanDell on twitter;
- if you are a friend of Sylvan Dell Publishing on Facebook, let me know below for an extra entry;
- go here for additional ways to get extra entries.
Disclaimer / Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy with no obligation for a positive review. No compensation - monetary or in kind - has been obtained for this post. Photo and book info courtesy of the publisher.