Sunday, September 04, 2011 Posted by Dina N
Target’s lunchbox favorites include:
- Archer Farms Organic Creamy Peanut Butter ($3.99)
- Archer Farms Creamy Almond Butter ($4.99)
- Archer Farms Sunny Cranberry Trail Mix ($0.99 for 2.5 oz; $4.49 for 14 oz)
- Archer Farms Simply Balanced Freeze-Dried Strawberries ($2.99)
- Market Pantry Fruit Snacks – Reduced Sugar and Summer Shapes ($2.54)
- Market Pantry Reduced Sugar Juice - 100% Apple and Fruit Punch ($2.09)
- Market Pantry 100% Whole Wheat Bread ($1.49)
- Archer Farms Trail Mix – Monster Mix ($2.99)
- Market Pantry Mini Cheese Cracker Sandwich ($2.74)
For a quick and easy way to mix up the lunch routine, try making your own trail mix bars. This Salted Chunky & Chewy Trail Mix Bar recipe is a nice alternative to the traditional cookie.
Salted Chunky & Chewy Trail Mix Bars
1 (14-oz.) pouch (3 cups) Archer Farms Sunny Cranberry Trail Mix
2 cups Market Pantry Crispy Rice cereal
¾ cup Market Pantry Sugar
¾ cup Market Pantry Light Corn Syrup
¾ cup Market Pantry Peanut Butter
Archer Farms Sea Salt
1. Lightly grease 8 or 9-inch baking pan.
2. Combine trail mix and cereal in large bowl; set aside.
3. Mix sugar and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture boils, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter. Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat.
4. Press into pan. Sprinkle with sea salt. Cut into bars while slightly warm.
Makes 32 bars
Disclaimer / Disclosure: No compensation was obtained for this post. I received complimentary product samples. Product information, photo and recipe courtesy of the company or PR firm.