Wednesday, August 29, 2012 Posted by Dina N
I recently used the Space Bag Dual-Use Bags to open up even more space in my closet. These bags can be compressed with a vacuum cleaner - like other Space Bag products – or by rolling them by hand. That makes them perfect for the dorm room or for traveling. The Medium Dual-Use Bag holds up to six sweaters, while the Large holds twice as many. Space Bag products are airtight, waterproof and reusable. They also protect against bugs, moths, dirt, mildew and odors.
Speaking of dorms, here are some useful organizing tips for back to school from Space Bag.
- Re-evaluate belongings before packing up. Don’t bother moving items that won’t be used during your college stay. If something hasn’t been worn in the past six months, leave it at home or donate it. Bring as little as possible to keep your dorm room or apartment clutter-free.
- Fit more in less boxes. Extra pillows, sheets, comforters, towels and clothes require a lot of boxes when moving. Use Space Bag Dual-Use Bags to condense these bulky items. Once moved in, these bags can be filled with other items and compressed by hand and used to help save space in the dorm room. Bonus: Dual-Use Bags don’t require a vacuum to compress – just roll with your hands!
- Ditch the duplicates. If possible, contact your roommate ahead of move-in. Create a list of items that can be shared and designate who brings what. By consolidating items like televisions, printers and cleaning supplies, you can free up a lot of space.
- Considering lofting. Let’s face it, dorm rooms are tiny. If the dormitory allows it, think about putting your bed on risers or getting it as high off the floor as possible. This creates a lot more floor and storage space.
- Closet conundrum. How to fit everything in a dorm closet is a mystery. Most students visit home for Thanksgiving and this provides a great opportunity to swap summer clothes for winter wardrobe staples. If you don’t have the option of visiting home, condense out-of-season clothing in a Space Bag Hanging Bag to make the most of closet space.
One lucky U.S. reader will win a Space Bag Prize Pack, including two medium Space Bag Dual-Use Bags and two large Space Bag Dual-Use Bags.
To enter, please follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter form.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received free Space Bag products to facilitate this review. This post is not compensated and reflects my personal opinion that may differ from yours.