Monday, December 03, 2012 Posted by Dina N
- Eat a piece of fruit or two before the party to help curb your appetite.
- Head for the crudité platter to fill up on veggies (and vitamins), rather than high caloric cheeses and dips.
- Go for the grapes on a cheese platter and ignore the cheese and crackers.
- Bring a veggie or fruit platter with low-fat dip, like yogurt or hummus, to a party so you know their will be something healthy to eat.
- Serve fresh homemade salsa with baked tortilla chips as a low fat appetizer option.
- Roast fresh veggies with a little olive oil instead of sautéing in butter.
- Go for a walk with guests at a party before or after your meal. It’s a great way to be social and get your heart rate up.
- Squeeze in an extra long and vigorous workout on party days.
- For healthy, delicious recipes using Del Monte Fresh Produce, go to www.fruits.com.
In addition, DMFP wants to help its fans stay healthy by giving away 200 $50.00 fresh produce coupon booklets on Facebook. Enter the promotion at http://www.facebook.com/DelMonteFreshProduce/app_143566059124632 between December 3 -14, 2012. Fans who receive the coupons will be selected randomly and notified by December 16th.
Good luck and Happy Healthy Holidays!
This is a sponsored post with information provided by DMFP. All opinions are my own.