Friday, March 29, 2013 Posted by Dina N
Udi's offers small and large tortillas that taste delicious and fit perfectly in a gluten-free diet. One large tortilla is about two and a half ounces and has 170 calories, 4 grams of fat, and 20% of your recommended daily dose of fiber. A small tortilla has 90 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 3 grams of fiber. You can find the complete nutritional information at Udi's Gluten Free website.
The large tortillas would make great wraps and burritos, as well. The small ones are perfect for tacos. I have a couple of recipes for fish tacos that I can't wait to try.
Here is the easy quesadilla recipe - courtesy of Udi's Gluten Free.
Single Serve Quesadilla
1 Udi’s Gluten Free Flour Tortilla, Large
1 tsp, vegetable oil
½ cup shredded cheese, preferably cheddar or Mexican blend.
½ cup diced chicken
¼ cup diced tomatoes
¼ cup chopped onions
1 T sliced olives
1 T diced mushrooms
1. Brush skillet with 1 tsp vegetable oil and heat to Medium-High.
2. Place Udi’s large tortilla in pan. Layer with a thin layer of cheese, leaving about 1/2 inch around edges.
3. Personalize quesadilla with thin layer of optional ingredients, if desired.
4. Fold quesadilla in half and let it cook in the pan 1-2 minutes until slightly brown underneath before turning to brown the topside.
5. Slide onto plate and enjoy!
Disclosure / Disclaimer: No monetary compensation was obtained for this post. I received complimentary product samples to facilitate this review. The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may differ from yours.