Friday, September 20, 2013 Posted by Dina N
New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery invites you to taste the local cuisine of her beloved fictional town and share in a year's worth of deliciously seasonal recipes.
Fool's Gold is known as the Land of Happy Endings, but it's also the land of hearty appetites. Throughout the series, the residents of Fool's Gold have found joy, comfort and good times through food. Now two local Fool's Gold chefs will also find love through food! Join them as they flirt, fight and fall in love, one season at a time.
You'll also find favorite recipes from popular characters in the series, such as:
- Heidi's Arugula, Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese.
- Liz's Spaghetti for the Girls.
- Denise's Summer Berry Pie.
With chapters for summer, spring, fall and winter, you can find the perfect recipe for everything from holiday get-togethers to cozy date nights, always using the freshest ingredients. And the heartwarming love story that is woven throughout is Susan Mallery at her finest.
The more than 150 recipes and dozens of gorgeous photographs in this book will inspire you to find perfection in the simple and the seasonal. And with all of Fool's Gold with you in the kitchen, your every celebration will have a happy ending!
And here is a recipe from Fool's Gold Cookbook:
Tired of the same old tossed green salad?
Wake up your taste buds with this fun flavor combination.
Serves 4 –6
6 slices bacon
2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and black pepper
2 ripe nectarines
6 ounces baby spinach
½ cup chopped toasted pecans
TIP: Make this salad in summertime, when nectarines are ripest.
1. In a large heavy skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate; crumble. Drain off 3 tablespoons of the drippings into a small bowl. Add shallots, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; whisk until blended. (Discard remaining drippings.)
2. Over a large serving bowl, cut nectarines into 1-inch chunks. Spoon out about 1 tablespoon of juice released from slicing; whisk into bacon dressing. In the same large bowl, toss nectarines (and any remaining juice) with spinach and pecans. Pour dressing over salad. Add bacon; toss to combine.
Three (3) lucky U.S. / Canadian readers will each win a copy of Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold Cookbook: A Love Story Told Through 150 Recipes.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
* This is a non-compensated post. Assets, content and prize courtesy of sponsor. Opinions are all mine.
Giveaway Rules: Giveaway ends 12:01 am ET, October 6, 2013. No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada, 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited by law. One winner will be chosen randomly, and odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. One entry per household. The winner will be contacted via e-mail and will have 72 hours to respond. Entrants agree with this site's Official Rules.